How to install Thegem theme with demo contents
INSTALLING THEGEM IN WORDPRESS ADMIN wirh demo.
Follow this installation steps:
- Open Appearance → Themes
- Click “Add New Theme” and hit upload link
- Find the the file “TheGem_Elementor.zip” or TheGem_WPBakery.zip on your hdd and hit install now button
- After the theme is installed click on “Activate”
you will be automatically redirected to the welcome page of TheGem.
Here you need to activate your copy of TheGem.
In order to get TheGem properly work you need to install some useful plugins. All this plugins are included in TheGem, you don’t need to purchase them extra!
After the theme is installed successfully you will get following message about installation of required and recommended plugins:
- Click on “Begin installing plugins”
- Check all plugins, select “Install” and click on “Apply”
IMPORTING DEMO CONTENT
In order to avoid any possible import issues because of your server and php setings, we would recommend setting following PHP values in your server’s php.ini:
- Memory Size: memory_limit = 256M
- Script execution time: max_execution_time = 180
- Number of input variables: max_input_vars = 4000
If you don’t have an access to the php configurtation on your server, you can try to set this values in .htaccess file:
php_value max_input_vars 4000
php_value max_execution_time 180
php_value memory_limit 256M
Pls be careful, because some of hosting companies don’t allow to change php settings directly using .htaccess. In case you have some problems after modifying your .htaccess file, log in to your FTP account and remove these modifiactions from .htaccess
ONE-CLICK IMPORT OF DEMO CONTENT
- “To use one-click demo import you need to go to TheGem Dashboard and select “Demo Import” tab, or alternatively to click on “TheGem -> Demo Import” menu in your WordPress admin:
- Here you have an overview of all TheGem’s demo websites
- Once you have found the website you need, just click on it and you will get the following overlay:
- Here you have two installation options. You can either import the whole demo website as seen on TheGem’s demo or you can select single demo pages from this particular demo website to import in your installation (without importing the whole demo website).
- After choosing “SELECT PAGES FOR IMPORT” and clicking on “Next Step”, you will get this overlay with the list of demo pages used in this demo website:
- After you are all set, just click on “Submit” button and import process will start. Just wait a bit and the selected demo pages will be fully imported.
How to install Thegem theme with demo contents Video Guide